It's that time again! First off, I want to say congratulations to all the season winners and thanks to everyone who participated. It's been an interesting season and we've collected a lot of feedback. For the second season, we've made a lot of changes based on your feedback and some changes that we felt were necessary to increase the competitiveness and longevity of the season. As with all of our previous maps, this reset means that your inventories, enderchests, vaults, homes etc will be deleted. Of course you keep your mcMMO, credits and tokens as usual. The Map As usual, there will be an overworld and a nether, but no end. Spawners are not naturally generated, to prevent X-rayers from getting an early advantage. The overworld is generated using semi-vanilla custom biomes. This means that the biomes are mostly vanilla, but they're slightly modified. No mountains Less hills Smoother terrain Less trees Wider rivers The map was tailored to enhance PVP and ease base building. There should be more than enough land on the edges to build countless border bases. Warning: If you are building your base at the border, make sure you are building it with 4 or 5 blocks of air between your wall and the border to prevent any possible border glitching attempts into your base. The nether will be vanilla and is only intended as a source of lava, so building will be disabled as usual. For those who don't know, you can use /lava to collect surrounding lava into empty buckets in your inventory. The world borders are as follows: Overworld: 10k radius (20k x 20k) Nether: 2.5k radius (5k x 5k) Bigger WarZone WarZone size has been increased by a few chunks. This means you need to run a little more before you get to your trap base, and it also means more room for other trap bases. This is a bit of a sensitive issue where players are split pretty evenly in opinion. A lot of people like trap bases, a lot of people hate them. On one hand, trap bases become useless if WarZone is too big. On the other hand, people can easily get out of combat by running to their trap base if WarZone is too small. Based on the overwhelming odds of survival in favor of trap bases that we observed in the first season, we felt it was necessary to increase WarZone claims by around 3 or so chunks, which we think is a fair compromise. More Koths In addition to the hourly koth, there will be a new daily koth that runs once a day every day at 7 PM EST. Winners of the daily koth will be rewarded with the following: 3x Creeper Eggs (100% chance) Creeper Spawner (50% chance) Common Crate Key (100% chance) Uncommon Crate Key (80% chance) Rare Crate Key (60% chance) Mythical Crate Key (40% chance) Legendary Crate Key (20% chance) We've also made a change to the hourly koth rewards: Creeper Egg drop chance increased to 100% Auction House Our traditional bidding system will be replaced with an Auction House. The AH is a more convenient and safe method of buying or selling high value items. If you've got something to sell, just list the item in your hand on the Auction House with /ah sell <price>. If you're looking to buy, just type /ah to open the Auction House GUI. Cactus & AFK Farming Cactus farms were a pretty big problem for us this season. Not only were they a source of lag, they provided a lucrative income source that required no upfront costs and was automated. People were using schematica to create huge cactus farms that not only crippled the server but also ended up allowing people to collect a good profit for being AFK. For the above reasons, we've disabled the selling of cactus and we're also enforcing a strict policy this season against automated farming of any kind. Any method that automates farming in a way that people can collect resources while being AFK will be considered a violation and will result in the destruction of the farm. This rule does not apply to mob grinders. Economy Due to the nerf to cactus, we've decided to buff the sell prices of other farming items such as sugarcane, wheat, potato and carrot. We want to highly encourage the use of these farms as an alternative to cactus. Obviously if people are going to invest time into harvesting, we want to make sure it's profitable. If it turns out that our buffs are lacking, we'll continue to adjust it until we feel there's enough incentive. Crate Rewards A few changes have been made to the crate rewards: Creeper Egg chances increased drastically (to 5/10/20/30/50%) Efficiency level on God Picks buffed from level 5 to 6 Rage IV enchantment added to God Swords and God Axes Cannoning Due to the overwhelming gap between the time investment that goes into base building and cannoning tech, we're taking a big step this season and have decided to disable left shooting and nuking. Additionally, we will no longer officially support the use of Schematica printer. We've made some changes to our anti-cheat that may inadvertently interfere with Schematica printing. While we do not disallow the use of Schematica, if people get auto-banned by console as a result of using it, we're not going to be sympathetic. Gapple Updates For a while now, many of you have expressed a very clear desire for change in how gapples work. Despite our best efforts to refuse imposing a cooldown on them by nerfing their effects, most of you were still unhappy with the state of gapples. In light of all your feedback, we've made the following changes to gapples: Regeneration level has been buffed from 3 to 4 Reverted duration nerf Added 60 seconds of Saturation effect Added a 2 minute cooldown Combat Updates There are a couple noteworthy combat updates: Placing or breaking blocks will be disabled in combat Hunger loss incurred from attacking or being attacked has been halved Removed Venom enchantment (yay!) mcMMO Shaking There's been a lot of complaints about shaking creeper eggs and after taking a closer look, we agree that the current rate is broken. So we've buffed the chance to shake creeper eggs to 1.5%. After thoroughly testing this ourselves, we think this is a reasonable rate for anyone with 2000 in fishing. In addition the the creeper egg buff, there will be a 10% chance to shake TNT from creepers. Other Changes The rest I think are small changes that should explain themselves so I won't go into too much detail about them, but you can see them here: Creepers drop TNT instead of gunpowder, at 1/5th the rate it drops gunpowder Allow 1.7 clients to use the Depth Strider enchantment when they're using a special mod Added one Efficiency 6 Unbreaking 3 Diamond Pick to /kit miner Only check and kick faction leaders for inactivity Removed ore blocks from counting towards /f top That's all I have to share with you about the upcoming reset, but I hope it's enough to get you pumped and ready. It's going to be an exciting season and I'm looking forward to seeing Chiraq sweat a little this time Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday! Stay tuned, I'll try to put a reset time out by tomorrow evening.