1.2.3 | Survival Event

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by kyle5953c, Feb 24, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyle5953c

kyle5953c Noob

I will be holding a survival PvP event on March 3rd at 11am to 4pm eastern standard time. There will be 4 different types of PvPing that will be held during this event.

For all the different types: everyone goes to the arena spectating area and get ready to fight. After 5 minutes of getting ready for the fight, the only commands available will be /msg and /r.

Events:
    1. Hardcore Item Collector: Every person will be given an item to hold and then everyone will be dropped into the arena. After a given amount of time, the one who has the most items left wins the event. The arena has been designed to be a hide-and-seek type of arena with many caves to hide in. Once you die in the arena you cannot rejoin, as this is the hardcore mode of this event. If this event goes well, it might be changed to allow everyone to enter it.
    2. Skull: They will be dropped into the arena as will an item that will be spawned in, which will be the "***Skull of the Dragon ***". After a given amount of time, the event will end and whoever has the skull in their inventory will win that event. This event will not be hardcore mode so anyone can join in event while the event is currently running.
    3. Treasure Hunt: There will be chests spawned in the arena in random places filled with loot. Players must find the chests and take the loot without getting killed by other players. This event will not be a hardcore mode so anyone can join in even after the event starts. After a given amount of time the event will end and players will be allowed to leave the arena with any items they collected.
    4. Staff Run: (due to some staff not being able to get on during this time, this type of event might have to be held around 2pm to 4pm or not at all). There will be one staff member that will be the "Treasure Staff" which will hold the reward, there will also be 3 to 4 other staff known as the "Defender Staff" which only job is to protect the "Treasure Staff". The goal of this event is to kill the "Treasure Staff" and to take all the loot they had and hold onto it until the end of the event. After the "Treasure Staff" dies, they will be allowed to return to the arena and try to get the loot back. After a given amount of time the event ends, whatever people got will be their reward, however, if the "Treasure Staff" and/or "Defender Staff" have items at the end of it, all their loot will be dropped at spawn for anyone to try to get.

The rewards will include money and kits.

Rules for the event:
    • Normal server rules: no hacking, cheating, block glitching, ect.
    • Cursing should be kept to a minimum.
    • Logging off during the event will be a ban for all future events and a restart for the current event).

More things are explained in the document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hA6J-TAZRu0LXA7rPBOimY9bO7CPoXJSXS1xqUIaoBI/edit

This will be the first time I am doing a survival event but I do expect things to go great. The plan is to hold one of the four events starting at 11am and run for 10-30 minutes each. This will allow for about 2-5 events to happen every 5 for 5 hours. This will be on a Saturday which will allow more players to be on since no school. I am hopeful this event goes well that we can continue this more, maybe even twice a month, which then we can start this on other servers also.

I would really like everyone's thoughts on the order of the events (reminder that the "Staff Run" might have to be held near the end of the event). My thoughts are doing Hardcore Item Collector, Skull, Treasure Hunt, Skull, Hardcore Item Collector, Treasure Hunt, then continue the loop until 2-3pm where the Staff Run will be held.

Signed,
    Kyle5953C

2. Lone____Wolf

Lone____Wolf Senior Member

Glad to see you back in action kyle ;)

Bacon likes this.
  3. Oli

Oli Veteran Premium

IGN:
    Oliiii
    +1 for Kyle's first post

Lyssa120, Jaz and edmonster07 like this.
  4. edmonster07

edmonster07 Mod Staff Member Sponsor

IGN:
    edmonster07
    Will everyone have to bring their own items to PvP, or will there be "kits" provided? Pretty sure most of the Default rank guys won't show up if we can bring high donor rank items to the event.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  5. GodCxalPr0

GodCxalPr0 Junior Member

If you log off during event you will get banned.......

6. Twizle

Twizle Mod Staff Member Premium

IGN:
    Twizle
    From future events.

7. GodCxalPr0

GodCxalPr0 Junior Member

@mad why tho.. what if you have to leave for something and u gotta quit?

8. Twizle

Twizle Mod Staff Member Premium

IGN:
    Twizle
    Then don't participate :/

9. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Senior Member Sponsor

IGN:
    nerdyjerk
    is this also going to be on opsurvival

10. Memo

Memo Senior Member Elite

IGN:
    Soronn
    Who the * is kyle

SlyHaze, Old and Sav like this.
  11. Bacon

Bacon Senior Member

can't wait to wreck Sav's butt

12. Sav

Sav Admin Staff Member Administrator Builder

IGN:
    Sav_
    I am not participating

Bacon likes this.
  13. Pinging

Pinging Senior Member Hero

IGN:
    PingingSoHard
    Useless as *

Old and Sav like this.
  14. Sav

Sav Admin Staff Member Administrator Builder

IGN:
    Sav_
    ur so blocked I swear

JackTEK and Pinging like this.
  15. Cordis

Cordis Member

Hi, Kyle.

16. Bacon

Bacon Senior Member

dang it!

17. Bacon

Bacon Senior Member

would if your Wifi goes down.. Happens to me all the time

18. kyle5953c

kyle5953c Noob

You will need to bring your own items. I do not have it planned to give out kits but if I have to I can make a kit up with leather or iron armor, but you will not be able to use your own armor then to keep it fair. We will see how it goes after the first few events.

Signed,
    Kyle5953C

edmonster07 likes this.
  19. kyle5953c

kyle5953c Noob

Hopefully that does not happen but for the events that have items you need to hold onto, we cannot have people logging on and off. Like for the skull event where you hold onto it for 10 to 30 minutes, if you get it and log off and log back on after 29 minutes to win, we cant have that.

If you know you have to leave in the middle of the event, then you cannot be in that event. If your internet turns off or you get kicked for some reason, it will have to be looked into to see if if it is valid or not.

Signed,
    Kyle5953C

Bacon likes this.
  20. edmonster07

edmonster07 Mod Staff Member Sponsor

IGN:
    edmonster07
    Oh with the items for those events, will the Entity Clear be around to clear them or will that be disabled there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.