Global Bring back hybrid cannon.

Discussion in 'Rejected Suggestions' started by M4nHun73r, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
?

do you agree or disagree?

1. Agree

2. Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M4nHun73r

M4nHun73r Senior Member Hero

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    This is an idea for a new factions game mode. if implemented it would be one of a kind to minelink. not ideas for changing current servers. read the entire post before you say anything.

before you continue, look at these forum posts and look at how the people communicated and look at how they as players have contributed the server. many of the comments from people who disagreed with me had no facts, no actual thought put into them. im typing a fucking book here, for no reason other than i like this server, and want to see it stay around for as long as possible, but i want it to be fun to play as well. not easy.

https://www.minelink.net/threads/no-pots-in-shop.8000/page-1

https://www.minelink.net/threads/add-apples-and-poisonous-potatoes-somewhere-in-shop.8146/page-1

What is your suggestion?: give us another faction server, one that's set up like the ORIGINAL maps.

the original maps were more successful because they were pvp oriented, not raiding oriented.

we need:
    -teleportation in pvp.
    -remove pots from /shop or remove /shop completely. people used to hang out in the shop.
    -custom map gen including structures/map features to make exploration fun*
    -either no donor kits; only one time redeemable kits at the start of each map; or an absurd cooldown (once a week maybe?). this means for all ranks. i dont fucking care that some loser stole his mothers credit card and gave you 400$ for a colored name. make it a level playing field, dont give people 2 sets of the best armor in the game every day.
    -no mcmmo credits. the whole point of the plugin is to grind and try to get an advantage over other players. most players come into the new map with enough credits to max all the combat skills.

make people actually play the game; right now its fucking boring playing this server. grinding has no options. you either farm or mine until you have money for spawners, and then you... sit and afk. you used to be able to do anything for money because the entire economy was balanced. now it's entirely based on spawner prices/efficiency. you could fish, you could chop trees, you could sell people's coordinates, etc etc. some things were more profitable than others, but with mcmmo, you could dedicate time on one thing and make it profitable.

theres no point in exploring the map, we have /wild with no cooldown, plus the generation isnt cool like it used to be. we dont need to go look for ANYTHING, not potion supplies, not building mats, not even spawners. all of this means that there is no people running around doing stuff.

the pre brewed pots made it so there's no requirements for pvp but money, and with the current economy it's trivial to obtain pvp supplies. when we could tp and had to brew our pots, factions had to actually brew pots so they could defend their base, or attack their enemies/contest events. this means that people could actually do something against the no life factions players if they were actually better at them at pvp. the way it's set up now, its basically just a money throwing contest.

make people go gather materials by hand, either remove most things from the shop, or make things very, VERY over priced to encourage people getting them by hand.

all the people i talk to from the early maps miss them dearly, and most admit to me that they would come back to play if it was like it used to be. people used to live on this server. we used to skip school and work just to hang out and play minecraft together. lets try to bring back the same kind of fun we used to have.

to counter alpo's old counterpoints from https://www.minelink.net/threads/no-pots-in-shop.8000/page-2
    -with brewing mcmmo, the amount of time it takes to brew potions is severely reduced.
    -adding tps in combat doesnt balance it, but it does mean more faction fights rather than a couple people at a time. (you can check to see who's online in any faction at any time, dont be dumb, dont engage enemies you know you cant beat.) just keep tps disabled in enemy land like we used to do, or make them only work in wilderness/warzone.

other than chubska and alpo nobody else actually tried to argue/explain why new factions is so much better than old factions. i thoroughly explained myself and got ignorance and salt in return. as far as i can tell, everyone responded opinions, and my ideas are based on the FACT that HYBRID CANNON was more successful than this shit we are stuck with now.

the idea is to encourage exploration and pvp, and actually enjoying doing something in this game other than talking shit and being lazy. some of us do not enjoy the current cycle of the server. back when we had to do tedious shit all the time, pvp was always that break we waited for while we worked to get ahead of the competition. because there used to be competition. now everyone just gangs up and bitches until things get changed in their faction's favor.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  2. alexx

alexx Veteran Immortal

IGN:
    Masela
    yes

TehTigger likes this.
  3. alexx

alexx Veteran Immortal

IGN:
    Masela
    but, no body wants to play that shit.

4. Old

Old Senior Member Immortal

IGN:
    OldSchoolKid
    +1
    Would love to see potions removed from the shop and rank kits nerfed. Its so easy to get sets as of right now

TehTigger and SlyHaze like this.
  5. Ayesel

Ayesel Member Champion

IGN:
    Ayesel
    +1

TehTigger likes this.
  6. M4nHun73r

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    im talking about making a new factions server, not trying to fix the shit we have now.

7. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

-1, as much as I wish Minelink was back to how it used to be the reality of the situation is that it won’t be that. It’s the past for a reason and you can’t replicate that, even if you make a game mode similar to how it once was. Factions in general is just a dead game mode due to the amount of commitment it requires.

TehTigger likes this.
  8. Gibster

Gibster Veteran Legend

IGN:
    Gibster
    You finally got around to it
    +1

TehTigger and M4nHun73r like this.
  9. Awadow.

Awadow. Senior Member

IGN:
    Awadow
  10. SlyHaze

SlyHaze Mod Staff Member Elite

IGN:
    SlyHaze
    IF this could work then I would be all for it, but I kind of have to agree with unholy on this. I'll stay neutral but the point of the matter is people want stuff handed to them, they want a glorified kitpvp server.
    I think another reason for factions being so dead really is because a lot of youtubers moved on from it, if they play factions at all it's usually HCF.
    but I mean hey, if Minelink can make this work then that would be amazing, I certainly would love to see more of a vanilla factions experience.

11. Old

Old Senior Member Immortal

IGN:
    OldSchoolKid
    then -1 xd we have too many faction servers as it is right now

12. edmonster07

edmonster07 Veteran Sponsor

IGN:
    edmonster07
    Sounds like a interesting idea. Having one of the faction gamemodes turned into something like that would help make it more unique and stand out.

TehTigger, RacistTimmy and nerdyjerk like this.
  13. M4nHun73r

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    yeah but if this one works the others can just die. they're boring as * and nobody plays anyways, just us nostalgic losers and a couple of rands.

UAreGay and TehTigger like this.
  14. Jon

Jon SrMod Staff Member Elite

IGN:
    JonnRL
    replace warfare with this

15. M4nHun73r

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    this is exactly what im talking about. you're confusing your opinion with facts here, and the fact is, minelink used to be unique and have its own thing. if we bring back features that only our server has, and ways to enjoy the game that others servers just dont offer, we'll bring back old players and new ones. and saying you cant replicate it is completely false, we could turn everything back to exactly how it was, assuming the old code is still around; the only thing that would be any different would be the players and how they act. besides, factions isnt dead, your love for it is. just because you dont want to enjoy minecraft anymore doesnt mean some of us do. next time you want to disagree can you actually make an argument? because everyone who disagrees with me says the same stupid fucking thing without actually going into depth, and im sick of this shit.

Jon and TehTigger like this.
  16. M4nHun73r

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    everyone wants to play it, but nobody wants to admit it. i have never heard of someone saying these recent maps were more fun than the old ones. in fact, most the people who argue that this is a bad idea, either had a bad experience on the server (and it usually seems to be their own fault.), or did not play on the server

Jon and TehTigger like this.
  17. YxK

YxK Junior Member Sponsor

IGN:
    HangingKids
  18. Vodux

Vodux Senior Member Immortal

IGN:
    Savage
    The only reason they were fun back then was that people actually played. I know personally, I don't miss doing all the bitch work like making your own pots and shit like that. -1

UnHolySubjugater likes this.
  19. M4nHun73r

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    thats why we get lackeys to do it for us ;)
    we always had a pot brewing guy who literally did nothing but. part of this game mode would be actually having a roster of people with specific roles.

TehTigger likes this.
  20. Tibberz

Tibberz Senior Member

wow. i like this. i like this a lot

UAreGay, Ayesel and Oli like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.