Global Bring back hybrid cannon.

Discussion in 'Rejected Suggestions' started by M4nHun73r, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
?

do you agree or disagree?

1. Agree

2. Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arden2

Arden2 Senior Member Immortal

IGN:
    Arden2
    I wish it can go back to the way it was in the beginning .

How many times can I mine through the map, at least they put the lava back in to make it a challenge.

The only problem with adding back in the generated spawners and buildings, is like before some little snots with their search mods will find everything before the honest players can.

There is a cool down for /wild, but not enough to call it a cool down. you zap in a walk a little and then zap somewhere else.

I mention a long time age about focusing on made the things you need instead of running to the store and buying it. The reply was Shut up Mr. Vanilla.

People now a days (or should I say kids because most of these players are under 15) just want things handed to them. God for bid they work to get anything.

I can go on and on, but why; you and me are already thing the same way, I just would be singing to the chorus.

2. UsingAura

UsingAura SrMod Staff Member Immortal

IGN:
    GATORS_nation23
    i’m totally down for this idea, but as holy said that just isn’t how the game is played now. most people have gotten lazy with literally everything and to win maps you have to do absurd amounts of crap nowadays.

we’ve also suggested this like 11teen times and it’s always been rejected for whatever reason so :/:/

3. TehTigger

TehTigger Senior Member

IGN:
    TehTigger
    +1 to each of your points of view

Read below if you just want to hear the Choir, No reply from other posters or trolls is necessary about my opinions. They are simply to reinforce the opinion of the topic creator, written specifically for the decision makers.

I am totally FOR a working class more vanilla server for each game-mode.

Many complain that teams or players are afk'ing or paying to win, (this is also true in Survival and Skyblock) but so few new-gen players want to do the work either. catch22.

Its great That there is an OP version of each game-mode, but players come in all the time and say how ridiculously OP the "regular" servers are and bloop, they are gone.

I totally believe more vanilla-ish versions will keep older grinder players around while the OP servers will give the nonworking generation the afk time they need to feel accomplished.

And shop REALLY needs to be levelized. 2 maps ago you could pig or cow farm and still make a great living. forcing everyone down the iron golem path to riches just outright sucks.

M4nHun73r likes this.
  4. Fxzr

Fxzr Veteran Immortal

IGN:
    Fxzr
    Im pretty sure the closest you'll currently get is Warfare

5. evilninja2012

evilninja2012 Mod Staff Member Immortal

IGN:
    evilninja2012
    Not even close. Warfare is useless anyways and should be removed

TehTigger and Oli like this.
  6. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

The fact actually is that factions is a dying game mode but okay. I still love this game i don’t know why ur assuming I don’t lol? I just don’t have time to play it at all. I know a majority of people would prefer the ability to have a lot of shit automated for them. Who wants to sit there and mine chests to collect shit and type /sell all or even prior to that have to go to shop to be able to sell shit. This whole post and your argument is so vague that it’s pretty hard to einplement it because you aren’t saying what time of hybrid cannon. You’re just saying “how it was” which doesn’t narrow down anything at all. You’re the one not going into depth because there’s no real foundation in this post. I’m just saying you’re wanting the positive experiences you once had on this server and I’m telling you that you should just appreciate them for what they are and enjoy the memories and know that most people wouldn’t want most of those tedious tasks to be reimplemented at the end of the day.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  7. Fxzr

Fxzr Veteran Immortal

IGN:
    Fxzr
    dota 2

8. RacistTimmy

RacistTimmy Member Immortal

IGN:
    RacistTimmy
    Was Insiding around back then and would you want that brought back to it?

9. evilninja2012

IGN:
    evilninja2012
    With that style of factions all you're gonna be able to steal is some potions and a couple spawners xd

RacistTimmy likes this.
  10. TehTigger

TehTigger Senior Member

IGN:
    TehTigger
    this it the whole point of the game

(had you read it all) His suggestion is Not to change whats there so that all the people who like it the way it is can keep doing their thing.

then why are you even replying?

11. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

It’s not the whole point of the game, nice counter argument?
    I did read it all, why are u assuming I didn’t lol? Also, you want to split the current community to cater to a few people? I’m just saying that I think the idea of it is much better than the actuality of the situation. I wish shit was how it used to be too but people grow up and move on and can’t dedicate that amount of time to factions especially the tedious tasks. You guys seem to forget that a majority of the server pushed for what ML was when Byte owned it. That resulted in a lot of shit becoming automated because the community wanted it. I think this idea in theory is nice but it wouldn’t pan out to be what ML used to be because all of those players wouldn’t return to play like we used to. I think it would be a giant waste of time to try to cater to people who are just reminiscing about what this server used to be. I’m replying because i can? Just bc I don’t play anymore doesn’t mean I can’t have an opinion lol.

12. Fxzr

Fxzr Veteran Immortal

IGN:
    Fxzr
    you dont have any idea what you have just started

13. TehTigger

TehTigger Senior Member

IGN:
    TehTigger
    i didn't start it, its not my suggestion, its just an idea i think has merit, just like my post about a more vanilla skyblock (like IT used to be) we aren't just a few players to be catered to, and more people have this opinion than read the forums. if so many people like it the way it is, then why is it so dead just 2 weeks into the season? and the same 3-4 teams leading all 3 servers? doesn't seem like diversity to me. seems like 3-4 teams being awarded buycraft credits for doing the same thing 3 times...

neither of us were asking to change things, we were both suggesting new servers to give back what older players enjoyed. just like all the threads for the pvp arenas to go back to old maps. keep what you have, but bring back into rotation things we used to love

Minecraft is a block game of mining farming and grinding for items, you're going to sit here and argue that it isn't?

just funny that you and vodux and Fozr all say you'd like to see it, but only 2 gave -1 it, honestly make up your mind much?

last reply because more people gave this a +1 to this post and the ones referenced than there are arguing over its demise as a change which is off topic anyway

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    evilninja2012 likes this.
  14. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

If you had the ability to process what I said and reailzed that I provided a suggestion of a tedious task and NOT the overall objective of the game, maybe this would be a different conversation. I'll try to break this down in simplistic terms since that's the only thing you seem capable of comprehending. I'm just saying that I think that creating a new server based on the fact that you miss how it used to be isn't valuable enough to actually employ a "throwback server". I think that factions overall is dying because of how much dedication it requires. I don't think reverting it back to how it used to be is going to bring a large enough crowd of people to make a return for the investment of creating said server. I never said I'd like to "see" it. I do genuinely miss how much fun it used to be but i don't want it to come back because, in my opinion, it's not going to produce enough money for the server. I know you can't understand the fact that there are variables that go into formulating an opinion and it isn't just black and white but please for the love of minecraft, try to use your brain.

I'm also not arguing for the server to stay the way it is, I'm also not a proponent of reverting efforts made to improve the server. In case you never realized, the old maps were also led by 3-4 factions. Minelink factions has always been that way and the only reason it stayed like that was because it was consistently the same few friend groups who played and invited others. If u haven't realized, most of those friend groups no longer play and that's why the server is dead 2 weeks into the map.

UsingAura likes this.
  15. Fxzr

Fxzr Veteran Immortal

IGN:
    Fxzr
    @TehTigger this is what i meant, you have no clue what you started

16. TehTigger

TehTigger Senior Member

IGN:
    TehTigger

17. M4nHun73r

M4nHun73r Senior Member Hero

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    this is why i used to cyber bully you.

all of these players agreeing saying it used to be fun and they want it back and you're saying its not profitable? * profit, the server was making more profit when it was trying to provide a fun experience for the players.

factions is dying because every fucking server is the same. you do nothing. the shops are balanced in such a way that its literally counter productive to actually have fun with the game. we removed all the tedious shit and made it as easy to get ahead as we could, and it killed the server. if you take away all the stuff thats not fun, and leave make it so that we're essentially having "fun" all the time, pvping nonstop and contesting events (like the server used to be when it had multiple koths) it will cease to be fun. having to do tedious shit makes the fun things more fun.

the reason factions is dying is not the dedication, its the fact that theres no reason to dedicate time into something that isnt fun. the fact that you're treating this server like a business shows how materialistic and shitty of a person you are."I do genuinely miss how much fun it used to be but i don't want it to come back because, in my opinion, it's not going to produce enough money for the server" we do NOT fucking care about the server producing money for our owners and staff team, thats not our fucking job. this is a game we play to have fun, and at some point in time you started taking it way too seriously and it shows every time you try to come here and argue against this.

and as for your other idiotic comment;

"The fact actually is that factions is a dying game mode but okay. I still love this game i don’t know why ur assuming I don’t lol? I just don’t have time to play it at all. I know a majority of people would prefer the ability to have a lot of shit automated for them. Who wants to sit there and mine chests to collect shit and type /sell all or even prior to that have to go to shop to be able to sell shit. This whole post and your argument is so vague that it’s pretty hard to einplement it because you aren’t saying what time of hybrid cannon. You’re just saying “how it was” which doesn’t narrow down anything at all. You’re the one not going into depth because there’s no real foundation in this post. I’m just saying you’re wanting the positive experiences you once had on this server and I’m telling you that you should just appreciate them for what they are and enjoy the memories and know that most people wouldn’t want most of those tedious tasks to be reimplemented at the end of the day."

the fact actually is that it might be dying, but we're trying to figure something out so we can have fun until it IS dead. you do not love this game mode.
    and how is my argument vague? we used to have more fun, it used to make more money, lets see if it can happen like it used to. nothing vague about that.
    im saying how it was on HYBRID CANNON before MINELINK leaving a very narrow selection of maps, but you're so fucking neurotic you ignored the god damn title of the thread and skipped straight to making shitty arguments with whoever would argue with you. you want to type little dumb paragraphs? i can type big text walls too. its actually sad after all the people agreeing and wanting this that you'd be dumb enough to try and say people dont want this. and besides, this is not set in stone, this is a forum for a reason, if theres problems with the old game mode, we can come up with new ideas here so that it's a new server with a new experience, but it still gives the feel of grindy nostalgic factions.

if you still have disagreements, make them into a list, make actual arguments supported by facts rather than opinions, and dont do it in a purely argumentative manor. i find it funny that as you get more involved into this, your grammar becomes better, and you type more in depth paragraphs, what i do not find funny, is that you do it to be a prick rather than to help the server succeed. a fun server generates income, a boring server that's sole purpose to generate income, dies. just like our server has done. the ONLY reason it's still around, is because the few people who stay around because how much we love it, and how much we used to love it. to disagree with me and all the people disagreeing, and then turn around and act like you're looking out for the servers best interests is a fucking disgrace.

and by the way, this game is quite literally pointless. we are the ones who make up a purpose for it, and make up our rules on how to play it. why would we limit ourselves to shitty boring money oriented grinding, when we could make a server that focuses on the play experience rather then just being competitive. i tried to save it before byte/raging started catering to the cannoners, but rather than choose to work with their already thriving and happy server, they chose to cater to the masses of people playing generic factions servers hoping to reel them into our server. nothing's wrong with that, they do have to make a profit from this server for it to make sense for them, being that they are the owners, but for someone who's just a player to pretend like they care about the server turning a profit (none of which you will see anyways?) is once again a fucking disgrace.

the fact that you come here and skip over my literal walls of text going into very specific detail how this would help the server, and proceed to call what i've typed vague; is a fucking disgrace, and a display of some of the worse hypocrisy i've seen in a long time.

TehTigger and evilninja2012 like this.
  18. Fxzr

Fxzr Veteran Immortal

IGN:
    Fxzr
    scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll , oh there is the end of this vague statement that i dont think anyone else will read

UnHolySubjugater likes this.
  19. evilninja2012

IGN:
    evilninja2012
    What's the worst that could happen if something like Warfare is replaced with this? It wouldn't affect the people on regular Factions.

20. Fxzr

Fxzr Veteran Immortal

IGN:
    Fxzr
    I completely agree, as the reason i put it on my opinion of this

rename WarFare with " Old School "

TehTigger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.