Global Bring back hybrid cannon.

Discussion in 'Rejected Suggestions' started by M4nHun73r, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
?

do you agree or disagree?

1. Agree

2. Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UsingAura

UsingAura SrMod Staff Member Immortal

IGN:
    UsingAura
    @M4nHun73r these new generation of factions players don’t do it to have fun like us old heads. they do it to get paypal/buycraft money and they will not play if the game isn’t easy to grind out. the reality of factions is that it is actually a dying game mode and unless something revolutionary happens that no one has seen before, that isn’t going to change.

and before all you dumbasses try to say some stupid shit i’d love for the server to go back to the way it was. it was so much more fun then. however, even if this is added it won’t be the same. people will get tired and request for more changes (literally how we got to this point in the server life: people suggested/requested changes and we got them). the main reason that the server was much more fun then wasn’t because the gameplay was so good, but because we had old ass friends to play it with who made it as fun as we remember it.

UAreGay, Ayesel, Sav and 2 others like this.
  2. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

The only issue I see is the fact that the devs would have to put time into replicating the old server which could take time away from dealing with the current servers and the issues/updates they may need.

3. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

Yea imma keep it real with u im not gonna read this one but I guess the moral of my story is that most of us old players found 1) either better games or 2) a life outside of gaming. Thats why the server got, in your opinion, worse over time. Hopefully ur able to move on and accept the old times as just good memories and not desperately cling onto minecraft. Good luck!!!

4. M4nHun73r

M4nHun73r Senior Member Hero

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    this thread is literally an attempt to make a new game mode up >.> everyone seems to think that im trying to bring back old factions exactly as it was, but im trying to make up something new. like i said in my post, this is only some of the ideas i have, but because i knew it was going to turn into a shit show again, i didnt want to type all of it out.

and besides, who cares if we run this shit into the ground, im just saying we should be having fun if we're sinking with the ship, not... sitting around afking fucking spawners and watching walls.

Ayesel and evilninja2012 like this.
  5. M4nHun73r

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    so you're admitting that you just come here to start shit and make the forums a mess because we still have fun and you're salty you cant join in?

6. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

No. I don’t know why you’re assuming that? I literally think this is a bad idea and I explained why but obviously you’re letting emotion cloud your ability to think. I also like how you were chill with me up until I disagree with you. It’s as if you physically can’t have a conflicting opinion with someone and still be chill with them. Nothing I said should have made you mad but you’re clearly upset because I read what you had to say (in your initial post) and I didn’t agree with your idea and you can’t handle that. So you instantly try to cause an argument and pull ur own thread off topic. Cool!

7. Ford

Ford Senior Member Immortal

IGN:
    Fxrd
    You can't make seniors freshman again. I don't personally think this would prove successful. Anyways, I could be wrong, and I would still support replacing warfare with something like this (warfare being a practically null server at this point regarding game play, features, updates and player base).

UsingAura and UnHolySubjugater like this.
  8. M4nHun73r

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    im pissed because you disagree with me, but dont make any real attempt to flush your argument with facts. im mad because you make the same shitty argument you made last time i tried to bring something back to this server to keep it alive. im mad because you dont care but you try to pretend you do. if you really disagree come up with something better than "it wont make the server money." im mad because i know you can be a better person than you're choosing to be right now, and you choose to do it here on a thread that was made with the intent to bring enjoyment of the server back to our community

you're intelligent but you choose not to use your intellect. im trying to share my ideas, but you wont share yours. you just say my ideas are bad without explaining why. a real explanation.

im REAL mad because there is no explanation as to why this is a bad idea. just people who think it wont be successful. if we give it a try, its not like adding another server is going to detract from the network.

9. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

Theres no real facts in something you're talking about in theory. Everything is literally an opinion. Could this work? Yes Could it also not work? Yes I er on the side of it not working. Why?
    1) I don't think it will get the old community to come back as most of them are off doing real life shit or playing other games.
    2) I dont think that adding another server that will just relocate current factions players (causing even less competition) is a good idea.
    3) At some point we as a community agreed to implement most things that resulted in the automation of the server. Why would you revert all of that just for people to eventually want to get to that point again.
    4) I feel like this post is more about remembering and wishing the past could come back. When in reality that won't happen. It's similar to wishing times were simpler (such as when you were a child). You want to live a simple life but too much complexity is involved for it to be as easy as just having a simple life.
    5) This would result in devs and staff having to allocate time to a server with a small population. Spreading them even thinner than they already are.
    6) Its not as clean as just grabbing old code and using it. What elements would be implemented? What issues would arise from it? What suggestion would cause the server to digress from its original intention? What is the original objective of the server? You cant say you want the old server back and just want x y and z to be as it is now to make it more smooth because then you're creating something different than the "hybrid cannon" you're referring to.
    7) What direction would the server move? You can't just have a stagnant server in which there are NO updates because no one likes complacency in a game. Everyone wants the patches and the updates, the server has to move in some direction. Whose to say it won't move in the direction of automation?
    8) What would cannon technology be like? Would it require 24/7 dedication as factions always has?
    9) As factions is dying (this is fact) how would you suggest that we go about bringing a community of players to the server in order to make the product worth the effort of actually implementing it?
    10) No one wants to play a "throwback server" other than the players who were actually there for the server as it creates a nostalgic feel only applicable to them, thus catering to a small-ish audience who I don't believe would actually return to play. How do you make the server more appealing to those who weren't apart of Hybrid Cannon days?

Answer all of those questions and you might persuade me. Ultimately, I just think that there's a lot of uncertainty in producing this server.

I dont care? I may not play but I always want to see Minelink thrive because this game has given me a lot of great memories and a few friends I feel I will have for a lifetime. For that alone I always want to see Minelink thrive and I want to do anything possible to see it flourish. Do I play anymore? No. I wish I could but I do not have time. That doesn't mean I don't care though. I've put countless hours into hundreds of different posts reporting bugs, people, errors, creating suggestions, and making applications.

I provided a counterpoint in that allocating dev time to a completely new server that I don't think will work is going to be a huge waste of time. I dont think it will make the server money and any smart person would invest only in things in which will draw more consumers and allow them to profit and thereon expand. It's logic. In denying and accepting these posts that shit goes through peoples heads, I get that you dont care about it at all bc ur just here to have fun but that shit has to be considered in order to keep the server alive and growing. Another server would actually detract from the Network in that its just another server that needs staff and updates. That makes the work for the staff that much more difficult. It's not like you're just asking for an extra piece of cake. It's a lot more complicated than that.

10. M4nHun73r

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    1) i dont want them to come back, many of them were just as toxic as the old community. i just want the same sense of community we used to have.
    2) there is currently no competition on any servers. people contest events with their friends because they have no enemies to fight.
    3) because it was a mistake to try and automate a video game in the first place. playing the game is supposed to be fun, you dont play it so that you can look back and say it was fun. i want fun in the present again, i dont want to have to sit here and have the feels about the old days of the server when we could be trying to bring back the same experience we once had.

4) I feel like this post is more about remembering and wishing the past could come back. When in reality that won't happen. It's similar to wishing times were simpler (such as when you were a child). You want to live a simple life but too much complexity is involved for it to be as easy as just having a simple life.

again you contradict yourself. i want the server to be harder to play, not easier. i dont want the server to be simple, as it is in its current form, i want to have to think to get ahead again. i want to have to plan when i attack people's bases, i want to have to choose how to allocate my time (mining for money, building bases, grinding mcmmo) knowing i need to do all of them but can only do one at a time.

besides that, this point is null as it was meant as an insult not as an actual point to your argument.

5) the server doesnt exist yet, and we cannot say what the population will look like until after we test it for a map or two to see how it goes.

6) "Its not as clean as just grabbing old code and using it. What elements would be implemented? What issues would arise from it? What suggestion would cause the server to digress from its original intention? What is the original objective of the server? You cant say you want the old server back and just want x y and z to be as it is now to make it more smooth because then you're creating something different than the "hybrid cannon" you're referring to."

thats the point, you continuously show that you are missing my point to begin with. im trying to brainstorm with the help of the community before we make this an actual server. i need feedback from people as to how this would theoretically work so that we can have a plan before we commit to actually putting the server up.
    as i've already stated many times, i do not just want the old server back. i want a new server and a new game mode that's as fun as the old one. if it's fun it will retain players. if we balance donor perks correctly we can keep people donating for whatever little advantage they are too lazy to grind for. the current amount of handouts to donors is ruining the server. and aside from that, you dont even have to donate to get ranks since the inclusion of ranks in crates.

7) its too early to say what direction it needs to go, you're asking me to plan for a future for this server while also trying to tell me its impossible for it to work out. see the problem i'm having with understanding your logic? and besides, it can move towards automation if it wants, we just dont want it to be automated to the same extent as the current factions server. that is what this thread is here for, to figure out how this COULD work.

8) this was something i have more thoughts on, because we could try a variety of things, but before i wasted my time typing in depth multiple ideas on how to approach the base element of this new game mode, i wanted to make sure the community actually wanted it.

9) once again, you're trying to look at this from a position you just do not hold. step one is getting this working, step two is making it profitable. if you set out to do something purely for profit, you'll always be seeking the fastest most efficient way to achieve desired results; rather than taking something thats fun for players, and also keeping it profitable for the owners. if you set up your server purely to make money, you're essentially trying to commercialize other people's happiness.

10) so you've singlehandedly interviewed every single minecraft player and came to the conclusion that none of them would so much as try a new game mode? hows about we make a unique game mode with a new name and a new server and we advertise the * out of it. we get our old players that've been here the whole time to make youtube videos and live streams and do all they can to publicize the server. maybe some of the new players split off and make factions to compete with their friends instead of just staying in the same stagnant factions.

the community is just as much to blame for the server dying as the changes made to the server. aside from the fact i want a new server, i want a better community.

back on the original hybrid cannon maps, and a couple of the first minelink maps, i spent hours and hours tryharding people on different servers to piss them off so they would come and try and find me on minelink. some of them ended up staying and joining factions and playing because i would mineman pvp them to shreds and they wanted to learn from me. i also used to teach new players how to play factions just so there was more competition. not just my friends, im talking every time a random person joined i would try and have actual conversations with them and try to see how much they knew about factions so i could teach them how the game mode worked. i've never once seen a staff member besides myself take the time to teach a new player how factions works. not a single one.

sorry that i had to be a salty dog to get you to use your thinking muscle, but i knew you had it in you.

11. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

A majority of what you said above contradicts this post. You talk about wanting things to be how they used to be yet you just stated you want a completely different game mode that’s “as fun” as the server used to be. I’m confused as to what the objective of this post even was. I’m not entirely sure you know either. Overall, a lot of this is very generalized and doesn’t go into the minute details that would go into producing this server. You should at least have a realistic objective in your post so people can base it off of that and you guys can work out the thorough details of setting up this server. Also don’t know who you keep referring to as “we” but hopefully they don’t let emotion impact their thought processes and they’re capable of writing concise and thorough description of what any of this is meant to be because this thread isn’t very detailed in regards to the picture that’s being painted by “you guys”. Before you get upset about the “insults” (the truth), you’ve presented the idea that you have a whole entire server in mind and you’ve only touched vaguely on the actual depths of that server. You’ll have to expand on it greatly for any of this to even be implemented lol.

12. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

Essentially all of this is based on what ifs and the possibilities but the lack of depth and direction is making all of this seem like a waste of time. Hopefully you’re able to produce a more sound thread that has some sort of credibility. Good luck!

13. M4nHun73r

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    i very specifically and in different colors pointed out that i want to come up with a new game mode. this is the objective of this forum post. the "we" is anyone who agrees with me and contributes to the ideas here rather than tries to argue because they disagree with my opinion/do not think this will be successful; and i've spent a great deal of time trying to explain this pretty much specifically to you in detail, since at this point you're the only one actually trying to make a point against this. the reason this post may seem generalized, is because it's essentially the beginning of what i'm trying to accomplish. to go into the minute details right now when we're just trying to figure out what we want and how it would work would be pointless, we need to get a backbone before we focus on specific spinal discs.

my realistic objective is to make a new gamemode for a new server that encourages exploration and pvp, because this will encourage people to once again donate to gain advantages in the server. the difference being, this new game mode/server needs to be balanced differently so that no amount of donor ranks can actually sway the entire map in a player's favor, just give slight advantages.

i keep referring to this "we" because i want the community to be involved in this BEFORE it launches so that instead of launching something nobody wants, we launch something that's a culmination of everyone's ideas and suggestions. not a single person is helping me to build on my ideas, everyone is either agreeing or disagreeing, thus ruining this thread.

and as to you're "truth" you can take personal shots at me to feel better about the fact that i'm basically using circle logic to rexplain to you the same thing in different words here.

my idea is incomplete, i'm trying to use the community to help me complete an incomplete thought, to benefit the entire community, that i am part of. hence the "we" that i keep referring to.

this is literally me and you going back and forth at this point, you're asking me for very specific details that simply dont exist right now because we're not at that stage of planning. rather than disagree because you believe it will not work, try helping the dream come to life. i'm trying to bring a good thing into existence here, not hurt anyones feelings, or try to make anyone seem stupid, but if you constantly come at me with the same logic (it wont work because in my opinion it wont work) instead of actually taking time to read what i've wrote, you'll keep missing the point.

what you've said is completely true, this is based on what ifs and possibilities, but i've been building plenty of depth trying to make you realize i need help with this, not people arguing with me.

and as far as credibility is concerned, everything i've said is completely proven by the fact that this server was formerly more successful in terms of an active player base than it currently is. it is an indisputable fact that this server used to have more players, and more income from donations than it currently does, and if you disagree you'll have to show me some actual statistics at this point.

this entire time i've been putting more effort into convincing you than you have to convincing me, because you seem to be dead set on simply disagreeing with me rather than showing some sort of data, or factual evidence that would lead me to believe this is a bad idea.

i want a server that is not based on instant gratification. i also want to know how/why in greater detail how you've come to the conclusion that this a waste of time, considering it cannot be a waste until it's already failed.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  14. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

Again I’m not gonna read all of this but you should have put this under general as opposed to suggestions.

15. M4nHun73r

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    you should read that one, it's one of the better ones, and this had to be under suggestions as it's... a suggestion?

16. UnHolySubjugater

UnHolySubjugater Veteran

This is a discussion. you want the community to help you formulate a suggestion.

17. M4nHun73r

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    no, i want them to help build on my suggestion. you turned it into a discussion.

18. Masela

Masela Veteran Immortal

IGN:
    Masela
    potatoe potato

19. TehTigger

TehTigger Senior Member

IGN:
    TehTigger
    1. Agree
      11 vote(s) 12 now
      84.6%
    2. Disagree
      2 vote(s)
      15.4%
    if you removed the unholy off topic discussion, as the post asked for a yes or no and if yes positive reinforcement and ideas to help make it work. you can see that OBVIOUSLY the majority is interested in seeing it happen. And of the people saying it wouldn't work at least one in the same breath said they would like to see it IF some other addition were made (which was the whole point, add something you'd like to see to make it happen). if these 11(12) people each brought a friend or a team it would be just as many players as whats on the OP and warfare servers now. Argue that...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  20. evilninja2012

evilninja2012 Mod Staff Member Immortal

IGN:
    evilninja2012
    The replies on this are getting more and more ridiculous, your opinions have all been made clear. I'm locking this.

Masela and TehTigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.