Factions Minelink 2018

Discussion in 'Rejected Suggestions' started by Morthal ♛, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morthal ♛

Morthal ♛ Senior Member

MINELINK 2018
    Minelink (Factions Diamond) has underwent a lot of changes since the DreamMC-Minelink merge last fall. There have been a lot of these threads posted but most have been brushed aside and haven't been implemented even though they are innovative and would overall make Minelink a better and more fun place to play. It is 2018, and Minelink is beginning to get a playerbase again, so myself and many others are excited for the future of the server and want nothing but the best for it. Here are a couple of suggestions that I think should be implemented into Minelink (Factions Diamond) in Season 8.
    1) Improve the Anticheat
    I am sure that many of you players can agree that Aigar(our lord and savior)'s new custom anticheat is subpar. Byteflux's Console worked a lot more effectively, as we rarely saw bhoppers and people using killaura stay on the server for more than 5 minutes. Either reversing back to Console, or merging the two custom anticheats together would make Minelink a greater and more fair server.
    2) Modify the chat filter
    The new DreamMC chat filter is over-the-top sensitive. @keyera posted a thread about this and I couldn't word a suggestion better myself: "It brings emphasis to what people actually say. Like what if something is super funny and I want to be like "LOL WOW THAT WAS SO FUNNY DUDE", but it goes like "lol wow that was so funny dude". Like that person does not get the real reaction because I can't cap." the chat filter also prevents spamming of the same letters over 4 times. 4 times is a little too constricting, and it is only necessary for spamming which uses above 7-8 letters.
    3) Other Changes/Bug Fixes
    A very well known member in the community, @Vodux, voiced his opinion about some changes that he, and many other active members of the community want to see applied to Minelink in the near future. He already posted a thread about this, but I want it to get more recognition from staff members.

"- Add corners literally no reason at this point why we don't.

- Raise the alt limit to 20-30 Takes lots of alts to afk stuff properly nowadays especially cactus farms.

- Add 10x10 trench picks/chunk busters, Chunk busters is basically an item you place in a chunk and it will mine down that entire chunk for you.

- Add a TntBank Basically you have a virtual TNT bank with faction upgrades to upgrade how many dubs you can have. So all you need to is /tntfill at your cannon and it takes it from there.

- Fix spawners/hoppers/beacons etc. from being scatterable from TNT was like this before not sure why it was removed.

- Crop Hoppers/ Or chests. Basically, a hopper or chest that puts all crop entities in the chest right away rather than taking ages and causing lag to reach your hopper system.

- Increase the buffer limit from 20 to 25, or even 30, and if this is done make the world bigger, and increase the end size drastically it's way too small.

- make the end all sandstone for easier base building.

- Add chunk loaders, self-explanatory something you buy from /shop that afks like a normal alt would.

- Faction upgrades

Crop Rates: This upgrade allows you to boost your crop production rates. Effectiveness varies based on the level of upgrade (3 levels).

Spawner Rates: This faction upgrade allows you to upgrade your faction’s spawner rates.

Block Durability: This faction upgrade allows you to upgrade the durability of Cobblestone, Stone, Obsidian, Endstone, Sand, and Gravel.

- Allow people to send mcmmo credits to other people."

Also add an automatically restarting KOTH, as well as one that is started by an admin to provide another fun way to get Faction Points.

Conclusion
    If these changes are applied to Minelink, then the server will be able to gain and maintain a strong playerbase and will help optimize and make the server a better place to be. I hope you all can agree with me and reply with other suggestions/criticism if you want to.
    @Aigar @AsianDude1 @Byteflux

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    keyera, Vodux, Mac1423 and 4 others like this.
  2. gravioLi

gravioLi Senior Member

+1 !!!!! !!!! !!!!!!! ! !

dont forget KoTHs cus im pretty sure those don't work or something

Memo and Morthal ♛ like this.
  3. Memo

Memo Senior Member

+ fucking 1 he put it a lot better than me since i'm quite quick to anger. But yeah pay attention @Byteflux @Aigar @AsianDude1

Also @CullanP realise when to admit to defeat. You had a good run with the anticheat. But to be honest, it's dogshit.

gravioLi and Morthal ♛ like this.
  4. ACALI

ACALI Noob

+1 Glad someone finally said it!!!

Morthal ♛ likes this.
  5. RepTiger

RepTiger Junior Member

+1 minelink is my home make it great again.

JackTEK and Morthal ♛ like this.
  6. LordPastry

LordPastry Member

I could code a better server myself than what minelink currently is. Fix it or lose your players

Mac1423 and Memo like this.
  7. Morthal ♛

Morthal ♛ Senior Member

is that a +1??

8. UsingAura

UsingAura Master

+1

Morthal ♛ likes this.
  9. LordPastry

LordPastry Member

yes ofc i just forgot to mention

Morthal ♛ likes this.
  10. Oli

Oli Veteran

+1
    anticheat's completely fine though never false bans a player ever nope

UAreGay likes this.
  11. Morthal ♛

Morthal ♛ Senior Member

thats where ur wrong kiddo

12. ItsKaine

ItsKaine Member

13. Oli

Oli Veteran

i really hope you realised that was sarcasm

14. Morthal ♛

Morthal ♛ Senior Member

i did <3

15. Memo

Memo Senior Member

no he didn't if you haven't realised yet tommy has autism

JackTEK and Mac1423 like this.
  16. Oli

Oli Veteran

okay good x

17. Oli

Oli Veteran

rip

18. Mac1423

Mac1423 Senior Member

Yeah check my post out for this one https://www.minelink.net/threads/use-a-new-anticheat.9342/

19. Oli

Oli Veteran

20. JackTEK

JackTEK Member

+561 This idea could mean minelinks growth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.