SkyBlock Removal of is top payouts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Doxyx, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Doxyx

Doxyx Mod Staff Member

What is your suggestion?: Remove IS top payouts from the next reset (or move them to buycraft or something to still encourage some competition. buycraft rewards never ruined competition on skyblock like facs as autosell chests just suck on skyblock)

How would the suggestion make the server better?: A big reason (in my opinion) on why skyblock died this map was because of big meta changes every single map. A map that can be constantly worked on/changed in real time (instead of having to wait 3 months just to try a new strat when the old meta doesnt work, which happens majority of maps ive seen on minelink/dream) would be a lot better. the skyblock meta for the past year-ish has been all over the place and really messy and constantly having big massive changes completely changing is top every single map.

Although trying new things is good, the way it is gone about on minelink isnt. People dont like getting used to 1 thing then having to start fresh with essentially an entirely new system, then repeating this every map. Having a map that can be constantly played around with and having it not ruin competition (as is top payouts arent a thing) would be a much smoother way to make minelink enjoyable.

A good reason for this to happen this reset especially is because the low server activity currently. Having buycraft rewards means players would still atleast compete and then metas/strats can be found and tweaked and u arent just giving away $100s of dollars a month which honestly should just be spent on advertising or a developer to work on sb.

When skyblock has a concrete foundation and its own indentiy about itself (like other servers do, instead of just being a random mess every map) then it would be in a much better place to have a loyal/active playerbase and then thats a good time to bring back high competitive gameplay with paypal rewards.

(Although in honesty, skyblock just isnt worked on enough in general for players to not get bored of it. 1 "big" update every 3-4 months isnt going to be enough to keep your players engaged.)

Plugin link, if applicable:

RacistTimmy likes this.
  2. Ibesh

Ibesh Senior Member

+1 Would love to see something like this implemented. Continues updates would make Skyblock way more fun to play. Maybe start with a basic skyblock server, which is well setup. Then as the months progress, release new stages which give access to new abilities, perks, features and items. For example, each month or every X weeks you release a new stage.
    I think that might be a cool thing to have, it would also allow you to have longer maps with more variation and feature updates for the community.

Could explain more, if needed.

StoryEngine and RacistTimmy like this.
  3. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Veteran

4. StoryEngine

StoryEngine Mod Staff Member

+1 I love the idea behind this! I will remain skeptical about this actually happening because as we know the rate of updates isn't really that good for sb. But if it would be possible to make this I would want to see it for sure.

RacistTimmy likes this.
  5. RacistTimmy

RacistTimmy Senior Member

+1, a server where they don't reset are great because someone can enjoy life and Coke back in the near or distant future and see all their hard work still there and casual updates that come by may encourage them to play, and people can just make nice things, I quit factions for life but I enjoy playing a survival towns server because everything there is protected and will last forever, unless the server shuts down lol.

6. izzywills

izzywills Senior Member