SkyBlock Remove is top rewards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zynox_, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Zynox_

Zynox_ Member

IGN:
    Doxyx
    What is your suggestion?:Remove the island top buycraft rewards
    How would the suggestion make the server better?: The way the maps are at the moment, the economy's on both skyblocks are completely ruined, and the level systems are literally "invite as much players as u can to place blocks all day 24/7". It is so unfair on smaller teams etc. Yea you could say "just stop crying and invite random players" but that isn't what skyblock should be, you shouldn't be forced to play to a certain style because its literally the only way to win/do well. There needs to be a more well-furbished economy and level system that's balanced before island top rewards are a thing.
    Plugin link, if applicable:

Extra point: Im not just some kid crying because I cant get IS top. I have #1. but the system is so unfair. More work needs to be put into skyblock on resets/throughout the maps. an entire map reset gives you like 1 change to skyblock and thats all you get for 3 months till the next one.

Ibesh, RahaPvP and evilninja2012 like this.
  2. RahaPvP

RahaPvP Member Sponsor

IGN:
    RahaPvP
    +1 Good idea, skyblock is just contest for getting lots of money and getting to is top atm and it should be changed.

3. Zynox_

Zynox_ Member

IGN:
    Doxyx
    I dont think the competitive side is bad. I literally only play skyblock to compete, I dont care about building or anything. But the way you compete on skyblock at the moment is being forced into 1 play style. there is 0 diversity at all. There just needs to be a better/updated system if there is rewards for competing. The current system is spend hours a day placing blocks. It is so boring to play

4. RahaPvP

RahaPvP Member Sponsor

IGN:
    RahaPvP
    True, at least something needs to be changed about that.

5. evilninja2012

evilninja2012 Mod Staff Member Immortal

IGN:
    evilninja2012
    I like what you are saying but I dont see many options with a wealth based gamemode where there is no risk involved.

Oli likes this.
  6. Twizle

Twizle SrMod Staff Member Premium

IGN:
    Twizle
    do you have any ideas on how we could do this?

7. T69

T69 Noob

Removing the is-top rewards would demotivate the most active/hardcore skyblock players.

SSmoke's team is currently #1 for /is top on the normal skyblock server, and his island isn't just a solid cube of diamond blocks. It actually looks really nice, and there's still much more space that can be used for different styles of play.

As a smaller team, you could just play the game for fun instead of competing for the is-top rewards.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  8. Zynox_

Zynox_ Member

IGN:
    Doxyx
    Demotivate? Theres literally 2 teams who compete for is top out of an entire server. My team (and we quit) and his. the difference between #1 and #3 was 100k levels last time I checked. Ssmoke's island looks amazing I agree and full credit to them for doing that but looks of islands isnt what i care about at all. if you can do both then grats, -you deserve to be praised for building an island that looks that nice, but not all people care about/play skyblock for that reason. There's no "hardcore players" on skyblock anymore lol. our island owns like 75% of the entire economy as a 3 man team.

You would think adding IS TOP rewards would motivate more players but compared to last map it has gone down massively.

tldr; There is no dedicated player base, IS TOP rewards shouldnt be added till there is a good competitive side of skyblock, which there currently isn't

T69, Ibesh and SnowCave_ like this.
  9. PrometheusBlaze

PrometheusBlaze Junior Member

The top islands have so many players its pretty easy to get there with a team, but I have always thought that the buycraft payout amounts were too much anyway

10. Yeg_

Yeg_ Member

I think why a lot of people had quit last map is because there was a retarded glitch as to where you would constantly get kicked and can't type commands and would repeat for days.

11. TRCDeadShot

TRCDeadShot Noob

I cant get on yet....but I haven't even did a island level tally! lol

12. Phoenix

Phoenix Member Premium

IGN:
    Phoenix_777
    +1.. I hate that I agree but as it is, instead of increasing player base, a few people shoot for top and actually ruin it for other players