Season 5 Reset on Saturday 6/17

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Byteflux, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Byteflux

Byteflux Dear Leader Staff Member Server Owner

IGN:
    Byteflux
    [​IMG]

Greetings, Minelink!

It's about that time again. Season 4 is finally over and now it's time to prepare for Season 5!

For information on Season 4 winners, please see the end of this post for details. As usual, leaders of the top 3 factions can reach out to admins over the forums for their rewards.

Minelink builders, admins and myself have been tirelessly working to bring you some awesome, major new changes for this upcoming season and we think you'll be pleased to hear just what sort of new things we have planned.

Before I go any further with this, I want to throw a shoutout to a few people in particular who have been especially engaged in Season 5's preparation and development.

Thanks to the following people:

• @DrewFos who championed a huge portion of this reset in terms of getting the ideas laid out, coordinating the build team and commissioning the trailer.
    • @Sav, @DolphinSendNudes and @extremeDrPepper who all worked very hard to bring you some amazing builds for this reset.
    • @Scub, @RXIAH and @Shrimpay who all sacrificed a lot of personal time working on the various administrative aspects of this reset.
    Season 5 would not be possible without the help of these individuals.

Season 5 Trailer

To encourage a healthy and active season, we're looking to bring in a few extra players by offering rewards to people who choose to upload the above trailer to YouTube.

Anyone who simply uploads the trailer to their YouTube channel will unlock an exclusive Magma Cube disguise which will be accessible for the duration of the season.

Those who achieve 100 views for the trailer video from now until the end of the first week of reset will be rewarded with one Mythical Crate Key.

Interested? Download the video: https://www.mediafire.com/?ycp6bx13ortcocu

To qualify, please use the following title and description when uploading:

Title: Minelink | Factions | Reset 17th June!
    Minelink will be launching into its 5th season!
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Server IP: play.minelink.net

Upload the trailer for access to an exclusive Magma Disguise and Ingame Key

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?ycp6bx13ortcocu
    Teamspeak: ts.minelink.net
    Discord: www.minelink.net/discord
    Reset date: 4PM EST 17/6/2017
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Reset Sale
    In keeping up with tradition, our usual 50% reset sale is now active! Don't miss out on this opportunity to upgrade a rank, get Crate Keys or anything else that might interest you. Every little purchase helps fund the continued development of Minelink and is greatly appreciated!

What's New?!

There is a lot of new, exciting and big stuff to look forward to in the new season. You asked, and we plan to deliver!

I recognize that the past couple of maps have not introduced any major new features to keep you interested, for that I apologize and I hope the following changes will be more than enough to keep you interested throughout the season :)

Castle

The Castle is a Koth-like 24/7 capture event that rewards conquerors with exclusive access to special rewards.

Capturing a castle will not be a simple issue of contesting. Before you can even contest, you will be required to break into the castle by mining through its durable walls.

A contested capture area will not progress. In order to resume capturing, you must eliminate any non-faction members from the capture area.

When stealing a capture area from another faction, you must first reverse the progress of that faction's capture attempt before you can begin your own capture attempt. This will happen automatically when you contest the capture area.

Capturing an uncontested point from start to finish takes 10 minutes. You can speed up capture progress by 10% for every faction member that is in the capture area. This bonus applies up to a maximum of 50%.

Castle walls will automatically regenerate once the castle has been conquered.

Last Man Standing

In response to the positive feedback of the LMS event that @RXIAH did a while back, we will be adding a daily LMS that everyone can participate in. The winner of the event will receive 500 Faction Points.

Supply Drops

This is a WarZone-based event that will spawn loot-filled chests at a random location every hour or so. Additional details on this feature are still being finalized.

So... about that mcMMO

We will be increasing mcMMO experience gain drastically. Before you get excited, it's because we will also be resetting all mcMMO.

That's right. We want to bring the competitiveness back to grinding mcMMO and now is as good a time as any to do it. We plan on doing this every reset, as such we'll be making sure the experience gain is adjusted accordingly.

New Disguises

Exclusive disguises are being added to YouTube/Twitch rank, Mythical/Legendary Crates and as you already know there is also the exclusive disguise if you upload our trailer to your YouTube channel.

YouTube and Twitch ranks will get access to the
    Iron Golem disguise.

Mythical and Legendary Crates will have a small chance to unlock a Wither Skeleton disguise.

TNT Fill Chests

Placing signs on chests with the first line set as [TntFill] will cause the text to turn either blue or red depending on whether or not you may create a TntFill chest.

These are special chests from which you can source all of your TNT whenever you use the /fill command to load up your cannon's dispensers.

Upgrading Crate Keys

We'll be introducing a way for you to get a higher value Crate Key by combining many smaller value ones to create a new key. The details of exactly how you will do this are still being worked out, but the outcome will be something like this:

• 5 Common Keys -> 1 Uncommon Key
    • 4 Uncommon Keys -> 1 Rare Key
    • 3 Rare Keys -> 1 Mythical Key
    • 2 Mythical Keys -> 1 Legendary Key

New OnTime Plugin

We'll be replacing our currently outdated OnTime plugin with one that's been recoded to our needs. The primary new feature is that every 1 day of OnTime will be rewarded with 1 redeemable Common Crate Key. More details on this will follow in a separate post.

A More Friendly Minelink

There was a time when Minelink's community was made up of mostly friendly and helpful members who were always enthusiastically giving back to the community, helping each other and it felt a lot more like a family back then.

It saddens me to see what's become of the community thanks to the unchecked toxicity that has been allowed to run rampant. No more. I'm taking back my community.

Starting with the new season, racism and suicide encouragement (things like kys) will once again be strictly against the rules. For the obvious offenses, there will be chat filters to stop you from making a mistake that will get you muted.

I'm done with the toxicity that has been slowly taking root in our community. If you can't behave like a decent person, or refrain from taking your trash talk too far, then you would do good to stay out of chat altogether.

Map Prizes

Season 5

Just like the season before it, the upcoming season will offer the same Buycraft prizes:

1. $400
    2. $200
    3. $100
    We wrestled with the idea of adding a small cash prize to this map, however, just about every recent map has consistently demonstrated a sore lack of competition despite our best efforts. We're hoping to use Season 5 as an indicator of whether or not to do a cash prize in S6.

This season, as it has always been the focus of all our past seasons, is about generating fun content, not creating an intensified competitive atmosphere in an environment which is already sorely lacking in competition. As such we chose to hold off on adding a cash prize to this season.

Season 4

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in Season 4, and a special thanks to the top factions who all stuck with it and kept it as interesting as you could.

The winners for Season 4 are as follows:

1. Chiraq led by Savage with 129,818 points
    2. Reborn led by xCraftDaddy with 53,700 points
    3. Proeliators led by M4nHun73r with 11,440 points
    If you are a leader of one of these factions, please contact @Shrimpay or @RXIAH over the forums to redeem your prize.

Thanks again for everyone who played and I look forward to seeing you all back here for Season 5! Please take the next few days to relax, in the meantime I have a lot of work still left to do for the reset so I'm off. Peace!

2. evilninja2012

evilninja2012 Veteran Immortal

IGN:
    evilninja2012
  3. BestOnServer

BestOnServer Junior Member

i was so not ready for this :(
    but will be sure to upload the trailer :p
    Also literally just got to 2k repair so fml

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  4. Plextay

Plextay Member Legend

IGN:
    Plextay
    nice

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Bradzdevil likes this.
  5. VLCN

VLCN Senior Member Immortal

IGN:
    VLCN
    @Vodux How much did you spend on your mcmmo again?

TankCommander117 and Fxrd like this.
  6. Sav

Sav Senior Member Staff Member Helper+ Builder Supernatural

IGN:
    Sav_
    Mac1423 and ItsKaine like this.
  7. VLCN

IGN:
    VLCN
  8. ToXicZx_

ToXicZx_ Junior Member

No problem for the supply drops suggestion.

9. derpykid03

derpykid03 Senior Member Elite

IGN:
    SirDerpsAlot03
    Can't wait for the reset, sounds like it'll be a great map

10. Mac1423

Mac1423 Member Staff Member Helper Immortal

IGN:
    Mac1423
    This is a pretty rad birthday present!

11. DolphinSendNudes

DolphinSendNudes Member Builder Hero

IGN:
    BlazingSquad
    Thats a surprise xd

But looks really good and I like that trailer ;)

Mac1423 likes this.
  12. VLCN

IGN:
    VLCN
    Since mcmmo is being reset, maybe remove cooldown on /fix?

RepTiger and Vodux like this.
  13. Vodux

Vodux Senior Member Immortal

IGN:
    Savage
    yeah not on /fix all but at least on /fix would be nice

VLCN likes this.
  14. VLCN

IGN:
    VLCN
    No iron golem spawners? :(

xSynthetic likes this.
  15. Vodux

Vodux Senior Member Immortal

IGN:
    Savage
    Should be a fun reset hopefully most people that have played in the past come back for this.

16. Pinging

Pinging Senior Member Hero

IGN:
    PingingSoHard
    Pretty sure the only reason that you ended with more points is because last map nef and daddies had 80k points each, you ended up raiding nef like 3 times and getting like 40k points. This map was sad, no one even tried passing chiraq on ftop after the second week and the only reason why reborn started trying is because they got a truce with chiraq :p

xSynthetic, Fxrd, Vodux and 1 other person like this.
  17. Pinging

Pinging Senior Member Hero

IGN:
    PingingSoHard
    AND CHANCHO? WHERE IS CHANCHO :(

18. notflix

notflix Member Hero

IGN:
    gravioli
    Looks fun

19. Fxrd

Fxrd Senior Member Immortal

IGN:
    Fxrd
    This looks like by far one of the best maps Minelink will have in a while. McMMo resetting was something I think every old player needed to get past, McMMo is something which brings another aspect of factions and by clearing everyone's stats I think that aspect just got added back :)

Good luck to all factions playing.

Morthal likes this.
  20. Cines

Cines Junior Member

The only issue is the day this is resetting