Season 6 Reset on Saturday 9/9

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Byteflux, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Byteflux

Byteflux Developer Staff Member Administrator

IGN:
    Byteflux
    [​IMG]

Hello!

It's finally that time.

Reset will be on this upcoming Saturday, I know it's less than 6 days from now... we can't avoid that this time, but I do have some other good news with regards to our future reset schedules that I think most of you will agree with.

I wanted to quickly discuss how we plan to do resets in the future. First of all, beyond this reset, we plan to give a 2 week heads up for any new season. This will give us more time to circulate the reset announcement and trailer as well as build hype, hopefully leading to larger resets.

Together with the admin team, I've managed to draw up a complete reset schedule for Minelink from now until the end of next year. This means the reset date of every upcoming Minelink season is now predetermined way ahead of time and we plan to stick by that schedule as best we can.

Our reset schedule limits the lifespan of each season to around 2 months, give or take a week. We've also taken care to make sure that resets are timed with consideration to summer and winter break.

Since resets will be happening more frequently, I want to stress that this will alter our approach to change logs. This means we'll have to reduce the amount of new features we add per season, but only because seasons are happening more frequently, so effectively nothing really changes with regards to how much content is added overall, but our change logs in upcoming seasons are going to be typically smaller than previous resets.

OK, with that out of the way, I'm happy to present to you the upcoming changes for Season 6!

Regen Walls

I'm excited to announce the return of an old feature we disabled a long time ago: Regen walls!

Starting next map, lava source blocks will be indestructible and lava in general will be able flow again after an explosion. This effectively allows for the use of regen walls. By default, Minelink uses a fast lava flow speed, so obviously we'll need to slow down the lava flow speed during explosions to prevent the regen walls from being too overpowered.

Cannon technology has come a long way since the two or so years ago that we disabled regen walls. Getting through regen walls with a modern cannon is not as bad as it used to be. @DrewFos has tested with a few different types of regen walls to ensure they can be overcome by an experienced cannoner.

Lower Terrain Height

Due to popular demand, the default terrain height has been reduced from 64 to around 36. This change should also apply to the End world for those who prefer building their base there instead.

Revenge Raids

If you've been breached by another faction, a 48 hour revenge period will be in effect. If you breach that faction within the revenge period, you will gain 35% of their points instead of the usual 25%. A very simple, but cool new feature.

Scaling Breach Cooldown

In an effort to prevent any single faction from being breached too often, we've made some changes to the breach cooldown system. Every time a faction is breached, their cooldown is increased by 12 hours: The first breach always triggers a 24 hour cooldown. Every subsequent breach adds another 12 hours, up to a maximum of 72 hours at your 5th breach and every breach after.

Faction Banners

This is a cool mechanic that allows you to spawn a banner item using /f banner. This banner is specific to a faction and can be placed anywhere in the world except spawn, castle and some other event areas.

When placed, the banner allows your faction members to teleport to its location through the command /f assist. Like other teleportation commands, there is a 3 second warmup before you are teleported.

There is a $20,000 cost associated with spawning banners.

Faction Chest

Every faction will have access to a single faction chest, much like an enderchest. Exact details on slots and access methods are still being finalized before development, but most likely access to the chest will be through an /f chest command and the number of rows can probably be increased through the /f upgrade system. I also plan on adding an /f perm to control who may access the faction chest.

LMS Kill Streaks

We think LMS is the perfect event to encourage and reward kill streaks, as such we'll be adding a way to track and reward streaks. The exact details regarding number of kills and types of rewards are still being finalized, but feel free to leave some feedback.

Rebalanced mcMMO

We'll be taking a close look at the current mcMMO configuration, particular axes, and making any necessary changes to make them more fair. When I say fair, I'm talking about the fact that our mcMMO currently relies too heavily on percentages and chances.

Part of using mcMMO means that people with higher skills are going to have an edge over those who are lower, but we don't want someone with max swords to feel outmatched by someone with max axes simply because axes has better chance-based mechanics than swords.

Rebalanced Spawner Economy

As most of you know, the spawner economy in season 5 was fucked. There is just no other way to put it. We didn't thoroughly test the rate at which Iron Golem loot accumulated and it completely fucked the economy and turned our shit into a virtual Zimbabwe.

Needless to say, this will be fixed. As a side effect of fixing the spawner economy, pigmen spawners will actually end up getting slightly buffed in terms of the rate at which they accumulate loot.

Event Leaderboards

There's a variety of events on Minelink and they are really fun, but there's always been a missing element to them. They aren't as competitive as they could be. We'll be adding a leaderboard to the following events:
    • Castle: Shows the top 5 factions with the most points earned.
    • Beacon Star: Shows the top 5 factions with the most stars mined.
    • Supply Drop: Shows the top 10 players with the most pick ups.
    • Wither King: Shows the top 10 players with the most boss kills.
    • LMS: Shows the top 10 players with the most wins.
    By fostering a more competitive atmosphere, we hope these changes add to the already fun and rewarding experience of participating in events.

We're also open to adding end-of-season rewards to those who finish the season with a #1 spot on any of the leaderboards, but we haven't given too much thought to that yet, if you have any feedback on that we'd love to hear it.

Reset Sale

As usual, a 50% reset sale has gone into effect and will remain in effect until some time mid-Oct, at which point we will reduce the sale to 30%. If you have ever wanted to get something off the store, between now and mid-Oct would be the best time to the advantage of the sale.

Season 6 Prizes

We'll be offering our usual end-of-season Buycraft prizes for the top 3 factions:
    1. $400
    2. $200
    3. $100
    In addition to these prizes, we are also looking into prizes for those who achieve the top position in any of the event leaderboards. Any suggestions on that would be welcomed :)

Season 5 Winners

The winners for season 5 are as follows:
    1. Memes led by Sav_ with 138,322 points
    2. Gays led by afcb4ever with 51,155 points
    3. Spartans led by evilninja2012 with 32,385 points
    If you are the leader of one of these factions, please send me a forum PM to claim your prize.

These scores were taken a few hours ago, as per our usual policy, we do not announce the end of the map until the reset post goes up, however, this will change in upcoming seasons.

In the future, we will be announcing the end of a season one week after the next season's reset announcement. That means that all future seasons will end one week before the actual reset, which gives you plenty of time to recuperate and prepare for the next season.

Thanks to everyone who participated in Season 5 and I apologize that the economy got fucked and we were so late in getting a new map out.

Scub

I am proud to announce that I will be promoting @Scub to admin. Most of you probably already know him. He's been around for a while and he's a long time admin on our sibling server, Origin.

Admins are forbidden from playing on the server as a normal player, as such Scub will be giving up his freedom to play on Minelink so that he can perform his admin duties without being biased.

Scub has been an invaluable team member on Origin and I'm confident that he will be an excellent addition to Minelink as well. Don't forget to congratulate him!

August Top Voters

OK, so if you've made it this far, good job! This is the last thing. I promise :)

I'd like to take this space to announce the top voters for August. I know everyone from July is still waiting for their coupons, however, I wanted to wait until season 6 so I could apply the 50% sale before I generated the coupons. I will be responding to all of the July and August top voters within the week, so don't worry!

The top voters for the month of August are as follows:

[​IMG]

Thanks to everyone who voted. Let's keep it going!

As usual, the top 3 will receive the following in Buycraft credit:
    1. $50
    2. $35
    3. $20
    Everyone else in the top 10 will receive $10 in Buycraft credit. If you are one of the August top voters, please start a forum conversation with me to claim your credit.

Thanks for reading! That's all I have to share with you right now. There's a lot of work ahead of me so I'll leave it at that and get back to working on season 6.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. Scrubber

Scrubber Senior Member Builder Hero

IGN:
    Scrubber
    FIRAT LADS

Memo likes this.
  3. ItsKaine

ItsKaine Member Supernatural

IGN:
    ItsKaine
    Easy win tbh

4. Awadow.

Awadow. Member Supernatural

IGN:
    Awadow
  5. gravioLi

gravioLi Member Hero

IGN:
    gravioli
  6. Gibster

Gibster Mod Staff Member Legend

IGN:
    Gibster
    "We didn't thoroughly test the rate at which Iron Golem loot accumulated and it completely fucked the economy and turned our shit into a virtual Zimbabwe."
    That is such a beautiful sentence.

afcb4ever likes this.
  7. UsingAura

UsingAura Senior Member Immortal

IGN:
    UsingAura
  8. M4nHun73r

M4nHun73r Senior Member Hero

IGN:
    M4nHun73r
    can we get a river near spawn next map :3

9. RXIAH

RXIAH Master Immortal

IGN:
    RXIAH
    Still waiting for the sand to work at my raid event cannon @Scub

10. afcb4ever

afcb4ever Noob

didnt even try

Memo likes this.
  11. ItsKaine

ItsKaine Member Supernatural

IGN:
    ItsKaine
    chiraq wya?

Memo, Mac1423 and Awadow. like this.
  12. gravioLi

gravioLi Member Hero

IGN:
    gravioli
    NO

Sav likes this.
  13. TankCommander117

TankCommander117 Mod Staff Member YouTube Immortal

IGN:
    TankCommander117
    +1 and a bridge

14. Pastrylicious

Pastrylicious Junior Member

im autistic

afcb4ever likes this.
  15. Jasper3012

Jasper3012 Junior Member

FACTION CHEST MY IDEA! credit hello?

Pastrylicious likes this.
  16. Scub

Scub Admin Staff Member Administrator

IGN:
    Scub
    [​IMG]

17. Chancho

Chancho Admin Staff Member Administrator Immortal

IGN:
    SirSenorChancho
    upload_2017-9-3_17-29-7.png

Uh, I'm pretty sure I'm first?

Swonked and Scrubber like this.
  18. VLCN

VLCN Senior Member Immortal

IGN:
    VLCN

_Simply likes this.
  19. TankCommander117

TankCommander117 Mod Staff Member YouTube Immortal

IGN:
    TankCommander117
    +2 cancelling out ur -1

20. Big Shaq

Big Shaq Member

Gg, good luck to everyone participating in Season 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.