SkyBlock Slots

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nerdyjerk, Jul 15, 2020.

1. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Helper Staff Member

What is your suggestion?: remove /slot
    How would the suggestion make the server better?: Players aren't using this for its intended purpose, they are just used to broadcast a random message every 5 minutes. It gets annoying and repetitive. I see no reason for it to continue to be on the server.
    Plugin link, if applicable:demote sly

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    SlyHaze, Doxyx and edmonster07 like this.
  2. Doxyx

Doxyx Mod Staff Member

+1 really pointless feature

3. Olenam

Olenam Junior Member

Tbh i dont know. Some players are using it to say useless 'HI' but some players want to advertise their new building,shop or event such as parkour, and due to ppl broadcasting random messages, they have to do it with other method (spamming /ah). I really dont know if its good idea to remove slots or not. Just saying.

4. StoryEngine

StoryEngine Mod Staff Member

Neutral. The current way slots are used is useless indeed. But it could be a fantastic feature if people used it correctly. There should be rule or something, that keeps players from using it in ways it isn't intended for.

nerdyjerk likes this.
  5. Doxyx

Doxyx Mod Staff Member

You can already do this by setting your island description and having a warp. They show up in /is warps. This lets everyone advertise their island too not just the same person buying all 3 slots on alts spamming the same island which normally happens. This feature is already in the game, having it spammed in chat isnt needed. Just normalize the use of /is warps

nerdyjerk likes this.
  6. Olenam

Olenam Junior Member

Its great that there are more ways to promote island and /is warps is one of them. I just wanted to say the same thing as Story ^^

7. nerdyjerk

nerdyjerk Helper Staff Member

I definitely think there should be at least a rule for this feature and a command for staff to remove the slots that break that rule.

8. SlyHaze

SlyHaze Admin Staff Member Admin

I feel like it shouldn't be fully customizable, there should be select things that you can choose that say "Come to my plot for (whatever shop)" or it just features your island without custom texts. It'll still advertise the island without letting players abuse it.

9. iFatBoi

iFatBoi Junior Member

i'd say change it to broadcast only once per hour, and only allow color codes, not 'special' codes as in (&k&l&o&n&m)
    i use the slots as they're intended, for new users to see and come to my island for the ez cash since i have a profit shop ;))

nerdyjerk likes this.
  10. KiaBobia

KiaBobia Member

Could have an IP thing so people don't buy all three on alts. Ik you can only get a slot every other day but that doesn't stop people from using an alt.